Wednesday, September 26, 2007

A quiet morning...

Unfortunately, that's the problem with cricket. There's not always much going on, especially when there aren't any matches being played. It's not like soccer where there's always something happening, even if it is off the pitch. Cricket doesn't have the controversial players who do stupid things...I mean, they do, but since the Pakistan team started behaving, we have a serious lack of controversy...which is a blessing I'm sure.

I guess the Twenty20 news will have to continue...

Cricinfo has player ratings about the top 20 bowlers and batsmen from Twenty20 based on technical ratings and a bunch of math that scares me. Pakistan obviously has a few in there.

Batsman:
At number 5 is Misbah-ul-Haq. Obviously a given, the man has saved us from humiliating defeats twice. I mean, we were defeated, but it was very close both times. I don't think anyone can make a fuss that he was chosen over Mohammad Yousuf...but I think it would have been nice if we had brought both along...maybe left Younus Khan at home?
For some strange reason, Imran Farhat is in the list at 9...did he even play? I mean, I watched every one of Pakistan's matches, but I really can't remember him. I thought we went to play for the Indian League? Must be domestic stats.
Right after him is our Cap'n Shoaib Malik. Except for the final match, he's played like a pro. A cute, cool-minded pro. Beautiful to watch.
Number 14 goes to Asif Hussain. Youngish player...not in the tournament. All his stats from domestic cricket.
At 17 is Abdul Razzaq. Once again I have to question exclusions from the squad...Why aren't these players there when they have good figures? Though obviously, those are all numbers to me and they could random stats about Pakistan's nucleur cababilities and I seriously wouldn't know the difference.

Bowlers:
Fawad Alam in at number 4. Really should have played in the Final...extra batsman and bowler for us...also, he's so cute to watch. He looks like a kid. I'm sounding alot more like a girl now and less like a hardened and informed Pakistani fan, right?
Sohail Ahmed comes in at number 5. Wasn't in the team...can't comment.
7 is Umar Gul, one of the most deserving and he played beautifully to restrict teams at the death.
Mushtaq Ahmed right behind him. I didn't even know he played Twenty20, he's like 37, which translates to ancient in cricket.
I'm sure there's one or two more obscure Pakistani players in that list but my last focus is on Shoaib Malik at 17. He rocks, what more can I say?

There's a list of all rounders too. Shoaib, Fawad and Imran Farhat are in there, also Abdul Razzaq. Too tired to write more now.

I think that's enough for the day. Here's the article where I got the info from...if you can stomach the math and numbers.

Have a good day!

No comments: