Wednesday, October 17, 2007

At least it's just the the PCB XI

Or I would be seriously pissed off. In the warm up match between South Africa and the Pakistan Cricket Board XI, South Africa annihilated them...like seriously.

Boucher and De Villiers both made centuries to beat them in the warm up by 176 runs. Pathetic hey...but it is just a warm up, but it unfortunately warms up SA in a winning streak. C'mon Pakistan, don't let this happen during the ODI's!!!

I don't want to0 go too much into this since I'm pretty ignorant about cricket that doesn't involve national teams. I suppose it would be a learning experience but with exams coming up, I'm tired of learning, so you'll excuse me for being a bit lazy.

Anyone who thought that the Bob Woolmer inquest would be a quiet affair talking about how inept the Jamaican police was is so wrong! Some 'new' evidence has come out, a chambermaid has come forward with her testimony of what she saw when she entered his room and it doesn't sound good.

"I started to look around the room, and I noticed that there was a chair
that was overturned,"

"There was blood on the pillow and the bed. I
continued looking around
the room and didn't see him. And then I went into
the bathroom. The door was
closed, I knocked, got no response, then I tried
to open the door but I couldn't
open it as something was pressing against
it."
And that was Bob. It sounds so messy and disturbing and basically hints that there was more to the story than a heart attack. Do people vomit blood during a heart attack? Not that I've heard of...

There's also the story that someone could have been with him at the time of his death. If there was...then that's disgusting. Though I have a very simple question that's been going through my mind since the start of this whole debacle. Surely hotels have security camera's, right? I mean c'mon, that's not brain surgery...though on the other hand, the Caribbean has stadiums without floodlights...talk about primitive.

Yes, that's very stereotypical of me...sorry. I hope to be enlightened some day soon.

No comments: