Monday, October 8, 2007

Monday morning blues...

I know everyone hates Mondays, but they just feel terrible when you know that it's the start of a new, very hectic and busy week. And even though I made an hour-by-hour schedule (yes, I know I'm anal) I don't see how I'm going to get everything done! Everything plus following the cricket! -Sigh- This is not going to be a good week.

Oh well, things aren't looking too bad for Pakistan as they start the second Test in Lahore, which will be Inzimam ul Haq's (hopefully) historic last stand. At the moment, Pakistan have South Africa 194/4...SA losing Herchelle Gibbs in the 8th over...and Amla and Smith a bit later. What Pakistan keep screwing up is letting SA build partnerships and especially that annoying Kallis making 50 before going out and Prince is also drawing close to his own half-century. But hey, things could be a lot worse...

Why does Pakistan keep playing two spinners? No offence to them, they're good spinners but not world class and I think the PCB really needs to bury the hachet and let Shoaib Akhtar have a go. South Africa is playing the same team from the last test, but Pakistan has included Inzi and Mohammed Yousuf while kicking out Mohammad Hafeez and Faisal Iqbal.

And now they're 202/4...I wish I could hang out here and keep updating (believe me, I really wanna do that!) but I gotta start on all the crap I have to do today, including attending and not sleeping in lectures :-P.

So I'll be off...it would be so great if Pakistan could restrict SA to 300 or so. We can't let them win a series in the Subcontinent, they haven't done it for 7 years and I don't see what's so special about them this year that we should let them win! And Umar Gul finishes his 16th over with a maiden...206/4.

Go Pakistan!

No comments: