Thursday, October 25, 2007

No-one likes Karachi

Me neither. The only place in Pakistan I like is Lahore...and Maree, which is like this totally gorgeous place on the hills. Primitive as hell but you get snow there. SNOW!

Ok, can you tell I love cold weather? And the fact that it's a chilly, gloomy Joburg morning is so getting to me. Nice, nice weather. Now I have some good news and some bad news. The good news is that OVER THE SLIPS is closing...at the end of the month. Wait, 'redirected' would be a better word. It's found it's permanent home at overtheslips.soggycornflakes.com. But I know it'll take me a while to get everything up and running over there (Blogger is so much easier than Wordpress) and I have to move posts and resubmit the site to all these funny places. But it will ok, I hope and I'll have a whole new template to screw around with, yay. Oh ya, and the bad news is I have to do all that work mentioned above.

So, cricket news. All people in Karachi, sorry. South Africa refuse to play the final ODI there and so it is being moved back to Lahore. See? This is what you get when you let a bunch of nutters walk to street...you don't get to watch good cricket. The PCB doesn't like the decision though and insist that Karachi is safe...have you institutionalized the nutters? No? Then it isn't safe. Yes I know I'm not being the most patriotic Pakistani but whatever.

The pathologist who said that Bob Woolmer was strangled is standing by his findings, insisting that the ex-Pakistan coach really was poisoned and killed. However, he has been critisized for his methods and since 3 pathologists said he died of natural causes, who are you going to believe?

Finally, with Pakistani's more than happy to bomb up their own country and people, India are scared that they might do the same over there and have only allowed 250 visas to be issued to Pakistani's for the tour in India. This is way, way less than what was asked for by the PCB (5000 visas) but crap happens.

And that's it. Have a good day everyone. Oh, and before you start thinking of me as the Pakistani girl who's lost all her roots, I'm not. And I know Pakistan is full of great people and just like any other country, a few freaks ruin it for the rest of us. Oh well, good luck Pakistan for tomorrow!

No comments: