Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Today is not a good day...

And not just for me either, Pakistan is having a terrible cricket day!

I mean, I did kinda think that yesterday's start by South Africa was brilliant and all Pakistan can do is not get humiliated too badly. While Pakistan did pretty well to get SA all out for 450, that's a very nice round total, lol, very aesthetically correct. You know what else id also a nice round total? 200!

450 is quite a decent total, though Pakistan started off nicely, making 71 without loss after 14 overs. First Kamran Akmal lost his wicket lbw, then Mohammad Hafeez went out to SA's brilliant fielding. Kudos to them and no blame lies on Mohammad who shows what he can do. This may have also made up a bit for Kamran's atrocious wicketkeeping.

Things weren't all bad of course, at that stage, since Pakistan was roughly where SA were yesterday, and we needed a big innings from Younis Khan and Faisal Iqbal. I don't know how the bowling was, buit I think it was good bowling with some below-par batting. Younis and Faisal left the pitch with single figures...not a pretty sight. I don't want to start on Younis Khan again, but please, someone either hit him with a cricket bat or kick him out of the team. Shoaib Akhter, where are you?!

Then came our heroes of the Twenty20, Shoiab Malik and Misbah-ul-Haq and it seems like those two were getting into a partnership and good rhythm again...except Misbah somehow managed to edge the ball to Boucher and that "kahaani" (story) is finished. Misbah went out for 23 and now it's up to the captain and since our vice-captain is clutching his stomach and moaning somewhere, debut player Abdur Rehman (who picked up 4 wickets) will have to get something going. I still have high hopes for Misbah though, so not bad for a Test debut...wait, is this his debut?

As far as news about Salman Butt goes, I miss "thook thook", this is the game where he rocks. The poor guy has suspected gastroenteritis, and was put on a drip (Pakistan is an IV happy country, anything goes wrong, they'll hook up the IV). According to the fountain of knowledge that is wikipedia, gastroenteritis is inflammation of the stomach, which usually lasts for 3-5 days. I don't think Salman will be back for this test, but we hope he'll be back to play his way for the second test.

And yeah, that's it for today. I really don't feel like talking about Hair and his incessant whinging, so if I feel better by tomorrow, I might strike up the energy to insult him a bit. Hope you're all having a better day than I am.

No comments: