Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Today I found lots of news!

Nice weather here today...except I'm a bit cold...and sleepy...and hungry. Ah, the life of s student. Since I couldn't take the initiative to start my varsity assignments yet, I decided to take initiative in another way and surfed some sites for more cricket news than just what Cricinfo gives. True this kind of initiative won't let me pass the year, but who cares when all I want to do is make people read this? Yesterday I had a new record...10 visits in one day...Whoo-freakin-Hoo! Lots to talk about...I guess.

I don't know what's up with India's and Pakistan's fans. It's like they're still so sore and bitter about all those years of colonialism that they feel being racist (like the colonialists were during that time) is totally going to even things out. And in the end, they just look really stupid. And they probably end up going to jail. Four Pakistani fans were arrested for abusing the South African team in Lahore and the ICC really is cracking down on the subcontinent, where Indian fans are also talking crap. It really isn't cool to yell racist rants at the Australians or the South Africans. Isn't it more productive to beat them in the game? I think I've made my point in a roundabout way and we can move on.

Nasim Ashraf, PCB chairman feels that Shoaib Akhtar needs some psychiatric evaluation and counseling. For his anger management problems? For his issues with authority? Hmmm, there's so much going on with this guy. But he is behaving for now...so let's take advantage of his pace before he gets himself banned for life.

Pakistan were a bit late in asking the BCCI whether it was possible to change a test match in their India series to two Twenty20 matches, with the proceeds going to Bob Woolmer's family. The Indian Cricket Board rejected the request saying it was too late to change the games. While that is a noble gesture, I still can't agree with the two-test series format. You can't just play two tests, it has no point since the team who won first can't lose the series then. More open-endedness please!

Finally, an inquest has been started in the Caribbean about the death of Bob Woolmer, 5 months after he passed away. I mean, while it was the Pakistani teams fault that he died (admit it guys, they killed him with their pathetic cricket display and exit), you can't really charge them for that and the whole hallabaloo that they made in the West Indies, blaming everyone from Inzamam-ul-Haq to Bugs Bunny was pretty disgusting. So according to them, they have to conduct this inquest...because the last one was such a mess? Ag, you can try and work it out.

And that's it. Cheers all.

No comments: