Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Talk about a suck-fest



Seriously, what's wrong with Pakistan?! I don't mean to rant and since my own cricket skills are pathetic, I really shouldn't be judging theirs, but helloooo! I don't play in the national team and I don't have a whole nation (who's mostly hungry, which makes them quite pissed off) holding their heads that we went from 90/0 to 206 all out! What is this?

While Pakistan ended badly yesterday with the quick wickets of Kamran Akmal, Salman Butt, Younis Khan (that idiot, a senior player should be taking more responsibility rather than going out in 3 balls) and Mohammad Yousef (who should practice more), Inzimum ul Haq was at the crease with Misbah ul Haq at the end of the day. Would having two Ul-Haqs at the crease scare the South African bowlers with the frightening co-incidence of their names? Of course not! Though I do have to give my "home" team some credit. The South African's all gave Inzi a guard of honour as he walked onto the field...though I have to ask, was that necessary? I mean, he probably would have been back for the second innings, the state that Pakistan's batting is at. Will they clap for him again when they wipe the floor with us? Below is the video...



South Africa started off today well, dismissing Inzi and Shoaib Malik quickly. Do you know how depressing that is to read that when you're going for a sucky day to campus? It's very depressing...thanks a lot Pakistan, you destroyed my already ruined day! Once Misbah and Abdur Rehman went out, it was all over and SA showed Pakistan what it means to get rid of the tail (and it doesn't mean letting them score 100! Look at how happy Boucher is getting up there!)

And now, SA are 151/2, after losing Gibbs and Amla early on, Graeme Smith and Kallis are increasing the lead to 302 runs. Unless there's a middle order collapse (unlikely), Pakistan will be the first major subcontinent team to lose a test series to SA after many many years. Well done, boys! You all seem to like playing Twenty20 so much that you're still playing like that, even the guys that weren't in the tournament. Yes, I'm bitter and frustrated, but I (and every Pakistani supporter) have the right to be. I don't mind Pakistan losing too much...as long as they went out fighting and trying their best. This isn't their best and the starry-eyed hopes I had for a new era of cricket under Malik are seriously diminished.

I dunno...maybe some better news later?

No comments: