Monday, October 15, 2007

What to write about...


I didn't think writing a Pakistani cricket blog would be so hard, but wow. Unless there's actual cricket being played, there isn't ever much to write about. Guess I'll have to be creative.

But before then, I'd like to do some shameless self-advertising. You know I love cricket, but football is also something that appeals to me a lot, and in the quest for winning something besides that trophy for hurdles in grade 6, I wrote this article. Obviously, don't bother reading it if you aren't interested in football, but it would be great if you went in there and gave a comment.

Now, on with the cricket...or lack thereof. Graeme Smith obviously had to get sick...I mean, who goes to Pakistan without getting some kinda stomach bug? Unfortunately, I don't think it's gonna hurt him too much. I mean, when you can eat wors in SA (they're these totally gross fat sausages you get here, above...I guess it's an acquired taste...an acquired taste for food that makes you puke) a little Pakistani food can't hurt you. I miss Pakistan...all I think about is food there nowadays. I don't know whether it was because of the fasts or it's because I'm so looking forward to my end-of-year trip there.

Anyways, the cricket will start again on the 18th, with an ODI in Lahore. Good news for the matches though, we'll be having the return of our hungry veteran Shahid Afridi (he's hungry because he was fasting, get it?) and somewhat stars of the Twenty20 World Cup Sohail Tanvir and Imran Nazir.

The rest of the team will stay the same obviously, with the exceptions of Inzamam-ul-Haq (duh), Taufeeq Umar, Danish Kaneria and Faisal Iqbal. Mohammad Asif is a doubt though, but Umar Gul is there to smash a few wickets (I hope).

The official squad is:
1 Shoaib Malik (capt), 2 Mohammad Yousuf, 3 Younis Khan, 4 Shahid Afridi, 5 Salman Butt, 6 Mohammad Hafeez, 7 Imran Nazir, 8 Kamran Akmal, 9 Misbah-ul-Haq, 10 Mohammad Asif, 11 Umar Gul, 12 Rao Iftikhar Anjum, 13 Yasir Hameed, 14 Abdur Rehman, 15 Sohail Tanvir.

Now let's talk about Imran Nazir. I like the guy, I honestly do and not just because he's cute. He has some natural talent and he's flippin' scary when he gets going. The thing I don't like is that he's a maniac who plays like a real idiot sometimes...though I did notice that he was a lot more sober and controlled when injured. So here's my theory. Just before he goes to open, Shoaib Malik gives him a quick knee in the groin...then wishes him a good game. That'll do wonders, I'm telling you! We'll start having century partnerships again!

And that is all. Please guys, please read the article linked above and give a comment or two. It'll make me feel better...seriously.

No comments: